Bags, especially carry-on bags, are the life of every trip. There has been a life-long debate on whether one should get their luggage checked or carry-on while traveling by air. Well, the answer is clear: carry-on luggage is a better and a more sensible choice than checked luggage. Often airlines require a fee to check bags while the carrying it is free. If you are a traveler who likes to avoid the hassle of waiting at the baggage claim, then carry-on is the way to go.
No matter how good, airlines often end up losing checked luggage which doesn’t always get retrieved and even if it gets recovered the process often takes weeks and sometimes months’ time to get the luggage back to its respective owner. That is the reason why people do not prefer to check their bags anymore because they might end up losing some of their valuable belongings. In addition to that, carry-on bags make the matter much easier for the passenger as it enables them with quick travel and no standing in the check-in lines.
Things to Put In a Carry-On Bag:
Make sure to pack all the necessary travel items in the carry-on bag so that everything you need will be available in the overhead compartment of your seat. To make your travel better here is a list of all the items to pack in your carry-on:
- Vitamins and medicines (if you have any)
- Passport and other essential documents
- Credit cards
- Emergency cash
- Cell phone
- Power cords
- Power bank
- Clothes, socks, and undergarments
- Wet wipes
- Eye-drops (to prevent itchy and dry eyes caused by aircraft cabins)
- Scarf/shawl (to keep yourself warm).
If you are moving or traveling for an extended period, pack the rest of the items in the checked bag, and always make sure to have the necessary things with you in the carry-on bag. Therefore, even if you lose your checked luggage, it won’t set you back.
Buying Guide for Carry-On Luggage:
While shopping for a carry-on bag, there are things one must keep in mind such as the size of the bag. You cannot use any bag as a carry-on because if the bag is bigger than 21 inches, it won’t fit in the overhead compartment. Every traveler needs a high-quality, compact, and lightweight carry-on bag to make their journey easy.
Carry-ons come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Therefore, understand the different options and choose the one that suits your liking. Here are our top five picks for carry-on luggage:
- American Tourister Splash: Made by one of the best luggage manufacturers in America, the American Tourister splash is the perfect choice for people who like to travel in style because of its top-notch finishing and modern design.
- Samsonite Hyperspace Spinner: This durable and high strength luggage comes with four spinner wheels which make moving it easy. However, the 21.5 inches of size might be a hurdle if you do not have enough cabin space.
- US Traveler Rio: The best characteristic of this line of bags is that all the luggage has eye-catching colors which make it easier to spot. If you want durable bags at a reasonable price, the US Traveler Rio is ideal for you.
- Delsey Helium Aero: This luggage is the best for carry-ons albeit the hard exoskeleton. The structure prevents the things inside the suitcase from possible damage even after you drop the luggage.
- Rockland 2-Piece Luggage: It comprises of a duffel bag and a carry-on. The wheels on the luggage might not be a spinner, but it is a reliable traveling companion nonetheless. Plus, it is a real bargain as you can easily buy this 2-piece for less than $40.