Moving to a new house, city or country can be quite a tricky affair because there is so much involved. The hardest part of it all though, is the packing and unpacking. Not everyone is a very big fan of packing up stuff, and then there is the fact that some things might not be packed in the right manner, and could end up getting damaged. Extreme care must be taken when packing things, and especially those that are brittle or weak. In most cases, it would be advisable to call a moving company to pack, transport and unpack your stuff. They are more knowledgeable in such matters because that is what they do for a profession. There is also the fact that they insure all your stuff, and in the event of damages, you’re covered. In this article, we are going to discuss some easy and efficient packing tips for moving.
- Packing your stuff, yourself could save you money, but letting professionals do it could save you time.
- Get rid of useless or broken things and only optimize the stuff you’ll be moving with.
- It’s never too early to start packing, and you should start doing so as soon as you confirm that you’re moving.
- Come up with a packing calendar and stick to it. Plan how things are going to be packed according to priorities.
- You cannot pack a whole home alone, and it would be advisable to reach out to your friends and family so that they can help you. Do this in advance so that you don’t interrupt their schedules.
- You need to secure the required packing materials or else you won’t be able to pack. The things that you’ll need for this can include soft packing paper and sheets of bubble wrap. The one thing that is a must in packing is the cardboard boxes. Ensure that you have enough to pack all your things well in advance.
Teton Sports Scout 3400 Backpack
Being that we are on the topic of packing, I thought that we could mention the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Backpack. This bag is geared towards those that like the outdoors, and it has space to put everything that you’ll need for camping or a hike. It is made of light, breathable polyester and comes with a 55-liter capacity. The torso is adjustable between 15 and 19.5 inches, making it suitable for anyone. It comes complete with a sleeping bag compartment attached, side and front compression straps for shelter needs, and a front and top bungee stash for supplies.
- High ranking pack: Continues to be the top selling internal frame backpack on Amazon
- Perfect beginner or quick trip pack
- Five-star comfort: Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide range of body sizes, durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow, and backpack for men and women
- Trusted quality: Hundreds of 5-star reviews commending the great quality and design, large sleeping bag compartment, multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and strategic pockets
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Variety of compartments and pockets built into the design
- Affordable at under $70
- Lifetime warranty
- It’s heavy, 2kg
You might want to get yourself a bag like the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Backpack, since it would be convenient for you if you’re an outdoors person, and it could also come in handy when packing your stuff to move to a new place.