Immigrating to a new country comes with several challenges. One will need to get acclimatized to the new environment, start making new friends, look for a new home, amongst other things. In this article, we are going to focus on transport. It can be quite a tricky thing, because when you move into a new country, you would probably start saving for a car and opt for cabs and using the subway. There is however, another option that most people overlook, despite the fact that it is probably one of the most convenient, especially where there is a lot of traffic congestion on the roads. This is the bicycle, a transport method that is best used over short distances. Below we are going to mention some of the advantages of using bicycles:
- It’s economical, costing way less than a vehicle, coming with cheap maintenance, and it doesn’t use gas.
- It is way faster than public transport and cars in some cities, and especially where there is congestion on the roads.
- On a bicycle, you wouldn’t even notice if it is rush hour or not.
- Parking spaces are easier to find, and one can park closer to where they are going, unlike cars.
- Bicycles take up less space as compared to cars, freeing up congestion that is the order of the day.
- There is a lot of flexibility with bicycles, for example, in places where riding is not allowed, like pedestrian lanes, one can always walk as they push their bicycle.
- It helps the body to stay in shape.
- Bicycles can be customized, the lights, cargo racks, rims, fenders and a lot of other things.
- A driving license is not necessary, although thorough knowledge of the traffic laws would be a big plus.
- Bicycles are environment-friendly, since they make no noise, no pollution, and the material that is used to manufacture the bicycles is less than cars.
- With good care, they can last a very long time.
Best 8 Women Hybrid Bikes for 2017
We are now going to look at some of the top hybrid bikes for women this year. These are the best that you can find in the market and when you’re in search of one, don’t hesitate to choose one of them.
sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s 26-Inch 7-Speed Step-Through Touring Hybrid Bicycle
This is a quality bike with a desirable design. It focuses on comfort, ease, and style, and it can be used by both learners and professionals. It comes with a
Shimano 7-speed internal hub, meaning that it can handle all sorts of terrains, the 26” wheels comfortably covering the toughest of terrains with ease. It comes with a cruiser-style seat for added comfort, the padded foam reducing the bouncing and bumping. The aluminum frame is light, making the bike easy to handle.
- It can handle women of different heights
- It can be used for cruising, commuting, and on campus
- The lightweight frame makes it easy to maneuver
- It runs smoothly and safely
- It is versatile and can handle different terrains
- It is designed for long distances
- The seat is comfortable
- Forward-pedal design makes riding very easy
- It has to be assembled
- The fenders look flimsy
- It’s hard to tighten the bike’s crews
Diamondback Bicycles Women’s 2016 Clarity 2 Complete Performance Hybrid Bike
This stylish hybrid bike is made of quality components, and has an innovative design and engineering. The bike is easy to handle, and can tackle all sorts of terrains effectively. It comes with a 21-speed drivetrain from Shimano for efficiency. It also comes with 700x32c hybrid tires from Kenda Kwick Trax for excellent traction and maneuverability. It comes with an alloy frame consisting of 6061-T6 aluminum for durability. It also comes with powerful mechanized disc brakes from Tektro Aries to handle all sorts of situations. It also comes with a hybrid gel saddle and dual density grips.
- It has durable frame
- It has a great brake system
- Excellent gearing system
- It has attractive design
- When making turns, the pedals typically hit the wheels
Diamondback Bicycles Women’s 2015 Serene Classic Complete Comfort Bike
Made of durable aluminum, this bike comes with 1-year warranty. It comes Shimano Easyfire Seven 21 speed gear that can handle all sorts of terrains. It has an attractive design along with Sella Royal Comfort Look IN saddle and luxury pedals from Diamondback. The Comfort Twin Density Grip handlebars are comfortable and ensure that the riders hands are always relaxed. Made by Promax Linear, the brakes are top of the range. Riders can carry along their drinks, thanks to the bottle holder.
- The gear shifts are easy to use and smooth.
- The quick fire shifters are attractive.
- It comes with ergonomic handle grips and upright healthy position
- Easy and comfortable to ride.
- It doesn’t have side stands and fenders.
- Need to regulate its derailleurs after a few of rides for more cable stretch.
- Assembly might require a wrench although they provide all the other principal tools.
Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Calico Sport Women’s Specific Complete Dual Sport Bike
This bike comes with a light alloy frame consisting of 6061-T6 aluminum, that is durable. It also comes with a comfortable Dual Sports Saddle for support and comfort. This Diamondback also comes with fork suspension from Dual Sport that minimizes fatigue since less vibrations reach the body. This elegantly designed bike has attractive aesthetics that will have heads turning.
- It has solid construction.
- Assembling it is easy.
- A comfortable saddle.
- Attractive packaging.
- Surprisingly sleek ride on all sorts of terrains.
- Upright healthy position.
- Includes thirty-eight teeth middle ring for the best gear ratios, especially, for city rides.
- Tricky assembly
- Some components look flimsy
Diamondback Bicycles Insight 2 Complete Hybrid Bike
This popular hybrid bike is great for exercising, commuting, racing or simply riding for pleasure. It also comes with 21-speed effective disc brakes and drivetrain. The frame is made of aluminum, and provides for an upright position when riding. It has 700c road-wheels for easy riding over the toughest of terrains. Despite the fact that it can be a little difficult to handle, this is one of the best hybrid bikes for women.
- It is strong but lightweight
- It is of high quality with reasonable price
- It has four diverse size choices for various riders
- 21 gears and seven speeds for efficient customization
- The brakes sometimes become slippery once it’s wet
- There is need for assembly
- Lack of kickstand
- Quite bumpier than expected
Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)
This model of hybrid bike is made to high standards and it is known to be durable, coming with an aluminum frame, Schwinn suspension fork, and a Schwinn alloy crank. It has a padded saddle to heighten the riding experience with comfort, and the bike provides for riding in an upright position. The brakes work smoothly, while the gear dials are right at the fingertips. In short, this is the perfect bike for ladies due to its elegant look and great performance.
- It is affordable
- It’s perfect for riders of all ages
- There are a variety of choices to choose from
- It is lightweight and high quality
- Company reserves rights to revise features.
Schwinn Women’s Siro Hybrid Bicycle 700c Wheel Small Frame Size
This bike with a lightweight aluminum frame is the perfect bike for leisurely rides. It comes with a Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur, and Shimano EZ-Fire Shifters. It has quality alloy rims and 700cc tires that move smoothly over several terrains. The saddle is comfortable, and the linear pull brakes are efficient.
- The bike is Strong and powerful
- Schwinn suspension fork permits the bike to run smoothly
- Soft saddles
- Short time warranty
- Effective linear pull brakes
- Good quality
- Thick and inefficient tire
- Pretty large for women
- More rugged than several other hybrid bikes
- Riders’ height much is a minimum of 5’9.”
Northwoods Springdale Women’s 21-Speed Hybrid Bicycle, 700c
This model of hybrid bike is affordable and yet comes with many features and great quality. It is sturdy, built from a strong alloy material, and it comes with unbeatable power and responsiveness. The Springdale has a 21-speed Shimano Tourney rear derailleur and multifunctional shifter, ensuring that it can pass through all sorts of terrain. Large 700c wheels ensure proper traction, absorbing bumps and reducing vibrations. The riding position is right and doesn’t bring discomfort or pain on shoulders or back. It also comes with integrated linear pull brakes to support braking ability.
- It is durable and lightweight
- It has a comfortable seat
- It rides smoothly on flat/rough roads.
- It is affordable with free shipping in some areas.
- It is simple to set up with proper tools.
- It has smooth change gears.
- It has effective silent breaks.
- It is pretty heavy for some
- The kit doesn’t have Allen wrenches.
- It is noisy when stopping
Best 8 Men Hybrid Bikes for 2017
Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Trace Comp Complete Dual Sport Bike
This model of hybrid bike is made with the aim of keeping you fit with vigorous physical exercises. It is a speedy bike that men can ride in an upright position that won’t leave riders tired. It is a light weight bike with thin wheels. The disc brakes are reliable on this multifunctional bike. It comes with 3×9 gears for handling different terrains types, along with 700c wheels that are among best in the marketplace. The Diamondback also comes with a front fork from SR Suntour with the lockout levers.
- It is easy to assemble
- It is durability.
- Its components are of good high-quality.
- It is strong and a good hybrid bike for men, which can handle rougher trails.
- It can survive on the rough terrains.
- Comfortable and smooth ride.
- It is quite heavy.
- Its tubes are small and ripped. The tubes are just 700×35/43c whereas their types are 700×45.
- It is expensive.
- Its brakes aren’t factory-tuned.
XDS Men’s Cross 200 21-Speed Hybrid Bicycle, 52cm
This best hybrid bike is made with high-quality construction at affordable cost. The saddle of this bike is comfortable for long rides, and the riders can sit in an upright position. The wheels are rubber, that is good for traction, while the handlebars are easy to control. The suspension fork means fascinating shock for speed and comfort. The frame is made of aluminum carbon, meaning that it is light, while the 21 gears ensure that it rides all manner of tracks and terrains. The tires are flat resistant, suitable for both off track and on track rides.
- Smooth and quick gear modification.
- Rust-free and weather-resistant property.
- Speedy and Efficient.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Smooth riding
- Very tight handlebars.
- This bike is only available in the US
Schwinn GTX 2.0 700c Men’s Dual 18 Sport Bike, 18-Inch/Medium
This bike has exceptional front suspension forks and rear wheel for improved comfort. The seat is adjustable to a suitable height, although it could be uncomfortable for taller people. 24 speed gear shifters mean that you can ride over different terrains comfortably. The aluminum frame makes it look more attractive.
- Practical price.
- Lightweight frame
- Easy to shift the gears.
- It offers the lifetime warranty.
- Powerful and durable frame construction
- The front alloy brakes and rear provide secure stops.
- Constructed with the sturdy wheels made from 700c alloy for multifunctional riding functions.
- Unclear assembly instructions.
- A bit uncomfortable for the tall riders.
- Its rear wheel doesn’t include the disk brake.
Schwinn Discover Men’s Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)
This mid-range bike that comes with a black aluminum frame that is thick and durable. It is lightweight and can resist corrosion. It comes with a convenient rear gears carrier and one can strap on the package or the knapsack with ease. The wheels are 700C and can comfortably move over any terrain comfortably. It has perfect linear pulling brakes This is among the top hybrid bikes below $500 that you can get.
- Nice padded saddle.
- 21-speed that is good for various uses and terrains.
- Consist of rack and fenders.
- Comfortable, Ergonomic ride ideal for traveling.
- Manufacturer by the Schwinn, which is among top leading brands in bicycle manufacturing.
- It has a classic design that satisfies nearly personalities and using needs likewise.
- Shifting gear may be quite sticky.
- Specifically made for the tall men.
Schwinn Men’s Network 3.0 700C Wheel Men’s Hybrid Bicycle White, 18′ Frame size
The Schwinn Network 3.0 is a hybrid bike that’s built for versatile everyday riding and won’t leave your back aching. Road bikes are speedy and nimble, but they aren’t built to handle even the tiniest pebbles. Mountain bikes are fun for weekend trail romps, but boy are they slow. With the speed of a road bike, durability of a mountain bike and that comfortable cruiser riding position, hybrids are clearly the way to go. From speedy morning commutes to long weekend jaunts, the Schwinn Network 3.0 is here to service all your riding needs.
- Easy to assemble.
- Have the capacity for riders with various heights.
- It can cruise terrains.
- Extremely appropriate to be used on varied terrains.
- Easy to regulate.
- Its saddle post possesses a strong suspension system that can contribute to increased comfort.
- It is very strong.
- Relaxed machine when using.
- Powerful and strong gear ratio, which can work well for both off-road and on-road biking.
- A durable and sturdy bicycle.
- Great choices of speed.
- The tire tube sometimes lacks the of right alignment.
- The tires of the bikes are too big according to some.
- The saddle isn’t soft enough.
Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike
This hybrid bicycle comes with a suspension system that is geared for all terrains along with the 700C tires. It also comes with a hand built carbon fork and frame that are durable and can support heavy weight. It comes with aero-disk brakes and 20-speed shifters. The frame is made from aluminum, making it light.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is very versatile.
- It has a reliable brake.
- It has bike’s gear ratios that are of high-quality.
- Its frame construction is lightweight so that you can conveniently open transport and load it on your cars easily.
- It is suitable for people with different weight, age, or height.
- Its shifting gear is flawlessly smooth.
- Strong geometry frame and goo riding place.
- Riding over the long distances is easy.
- The suspension, grips, and seat provide pleasure and relaxation.
- It has poor quality rims.
- The gears sometimes groan when the chain isn’t fully stretched.
- It is far better on the paved roads.
- The manual doesn’t provide enough details of tuning.
Giordano RS700 Hybrid Bike
The Giordano RS700 Hybrid Bike comes with 700C rims made of flat bar, light aluminum and a 21-speed shifter. It comes with a flat handlebar for aggressive cycling. The frame is handmade Aluminum, meaning that the bike is lighter. that reduces the rational weights and makes a nice difference in the way a bicycle accelerates and climbs.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Rides expeditiously at high-speed because of the Shimano shifters and derailleur.
- Light frame, strong tires and an excellent range of the gears.
- It might not be appropriate for the rough roads.
- Requires various maintenance works as checking the gear usage, braking ability, tire wear, etc.
Bicycles are a big plus for many reasons, some of which we mentioned in this article. When you move to a new country, you might want to consider getting a bike to move around, and also to sight see as you get to know your new city. The bikes mentioned above are some of the best that you’ll find in the market.